Monday 27 August 2007

18th August

Kirsty Hall - The Diary Project 230, envelope drawings

I was feeling the need for a bit of colour.

When I'm drawing my daily envelope, I'll often check the Diary Project set on my Flickr to make sure that I'm not getting into a rut or if I suspect that an envelope might be too similar to an existing one (after more than 235 envelopes, it's easy to forget exactly what I've already drawn). I knew I hadn't drawn with colour for a while but I was still surprised to discover that there had been 19 black ink envelopes in a row!

Now, I love black ink and would have been perfectly happy to draw with it for the entire year but I'm glad that I did allow myself a choice of drawing materials because working with colour always shakes me up a bit.

Posted: 11.53pm on 18.8.07
Returned: 21.8.07

No comments: