Thursday 12 July 2007

7th July

DP 188

Not so sure what this drawing is about but I think it might be something to do with ribbons or writing. That reminds me, I should see if I can get some typewriter ribbon for the beautiful old typewriter I bought at auction several years ago. I've been meaning to play around with it to see if I can use it to make artists' books. I know that technology has moved on a lot but isn't it amazing that we could use textiles to make words in that way.

I still like the messiness and the quality of text you can get from old typewriters. I used to play with my granny's one, I remember being fascinated by it. I still like old letters and documents where you can see the erased and retyped words: sometimes perfection is over-rated.

Posted: 11.04pm on 7.7.07
Returned: 10.7.07

No comments: